The following name(s) were compiled from the list at The National Archives of the U.K. of Dutch helpers of Allied airmen and other military personnel during World War II who were trying to evade capture by the Germans. The names have been sorted by city and town. For a further discussion of the list and caveats relating to its use, click here.
Zundert researcher Arjan Bakx brought to my attention that Zundert actually consists of not only Zundert but also Klein-Zundert, Wernhout, and Achtmaal. I will be adding the names of helpers from these villages as we identify them. In addition, Mr. Bakx has brought to my attention errors in the way some names are listed in the British National Archives list. I will list his corrections in boldface in brackets following the name as it appears from the British National Archives.
- Balemans [Baelemans], Cornelis G., B229 (5)
- v.d. Berg Kerstens, no first name listed, Heidestr. B307, Wernhout (5)
- Bielars, H., Pasturie, Wernhout (5)
- Boden, Aloysius, C153, Achtmaal (5)
- Bodken [Boden], Andre, C153, Achtmaal (6)
- Couwenberg , Marcel [Kouwenberg, Michael], A15 (5)
- v. Erck, C.B.J. [Van Erck, Cas], A241 (5)
- Van Hasselt, Louis [Van Hasselt, Ludovicus, F.], B228 (4)
- Hoekman, Pieter C., A88 (5)
- Koch, P.W., Moenstr. (6)
- Kools Broos, Joh. J., C114, Achtmaal (5)
- Lombarts van Hamjac., Bredascheweg A387 (nil)
- De Weyer, Baartje J. [de Weijer, B.J.], B206 (5)