My thanks to a researcher for sharing with me the History of the Holland Office of the 6801 MIS-X Detachment. The only identification provided by the National Archives as to its location was Record Group 498, UD 126. UD 126 consists of General Correspondence, 1942-1947, Boxes 465-475, Location 290/55/18/5-6. The History of the Holland Office consists of two memos. The first is 13 pages dated 10 June 1946 and has the following headings:
- MISSION OF THE HOLLAND OFFICE
- ORIGINAL ORGANIZATION OF THE UNIT
- OPERATIONS OF THE HOLLAND OFFICE
- FIELD INVESTIGATIONS OF THE HOLLAND OFFICE
The second is 11 pages dated 28 June 1946 and has the following headings:
- OPERATIONS OF THE HAGUE OFFICE, 1 Jan. 1946 to 30 June 1946
- RECOMMENDATIONS AND CLAIMS
Note the explanation of the system of Award Grades that appears on pp. 7-11 on the 28 June 1946 memo.
To view the two memos click on the pdf file shown below:
History Holland Office 6801 MIS-X
For another explanation of the system of awards, see that on the Evasion Comete website at: https://www.evasioncomete.be/TxtAwards2.html.