An article entitled “Find that digital book on line!” by Lisa Gorrell appeared in the January-February-March 2016 issue of Der Blumenbaum, the journal of the Sacramento German Genealogical Society (www.sggs.us). The author identified five websites offering access to digitized books. Researchers may find them of use. In alphabetical order they were as follows, with JSTOR and the New York Public Library added.
- Family History Library: https://familysearch.org/catalog/search
- Google Books: https://books.google.com/
- HathiTrust: https://www.hathitrust.org/
- Internet Archive: https://archive.org/
- JSTOR (Journal Storage) (full text searches of 2000 journals): http://www.jstor.org/
- MyHeritage: http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/12/huge-free-collection-of-digitized-books-now-available-on-myheritage/
- New York Public Library Digital Collections: http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/