- Centre for Historical Research and Documentation on War and Contemporary Society (CEGES-SOMA), Brussels: http://www.cegesoma.be/cms/index_en.php . CEGES-SOMA Image Bank: http://www.cegesoma.be/cms/banque_img_en.php .
- Digital Picture Archive of the German Federal Archive: http://www.bild.bundesarchiv.de/. Out of 11 million pictures, 180,000 are in their database.
- Yad Vashem Photo Archive: http://collections.yadvashem.org/photosarchive
- Image Bank WW2 (Beeldbank WO2): Dutch version: http://www.beeldbankwo2.nl/index.jsp?action=setlocale&lang=nl. English version: http://www.beeldbankwo2.nl/index.jsp?action=setlocale&lang=en.
- Images of the Holocaust in The Netherlands: http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/nazioccupation/holland/dutchgal/index.html
- Netherlands Institute for War Documentation (NIOD), Amsterdam:http://www.niod.knaw.nl/ . Beeldbank WO2 (Image Bank, WWII: http://www.beeldbankwo2.nl/index.jsp
- The Hague Image Bank: http://www.haagsebeeldbank.nl/thema/theme/1
- Westerbork Transit Camp Images: http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/galleries/westerborkgal/index.html
- Imperial War Museum: http://www.iwm.org.uk/ . IWM Collections: http://iwmcollections.org.uk/qryImages.ph.
- Wiener Library Institute of Contemporary History (London): http://www.wienerlibrary.co.uk/collections/photoarchiveintro.aspx
- Air Force Historical Resource Agency (AFHRA): http://www.afhra.af.mil/ . AFHRA Photo Archive: http://www.afhra.af.mil/photos/index.asp
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) Global Archives – Photo Galleries: http://archives.jdc.org/photographs/photo-galleries.html?s=afp_botbann
- Associated Press Archive: http://www.ap.org/aparchive/index.html .
- Getty Images: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/
- Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/index.html . Prints and Photographs Online Catalog: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/ . American Memory: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/index.html.
- National Archives Pictures of World War II: http://www.archives.gov/research/military/ww2/photos/#aviation
- New York Public Library Digital Gallery: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm. This source has 70,000 digital photos.
- SIRIS (Smithsonian Institution Research Information System): http://www.siris.si.edu/. You may want to use their tutorial.
- U.S. Army Heritage Center & Education Center–WWII Army Signal Corps: http://www.carlisle.army.mil/AHEC/mediagallery/photoGallery.cfm?id=50
- World War II: http://go.fold3.com/wwii/. Their website keeps saying that their collection is free but to look at anything it appears that you start, first, with a 7-day free trial and after that you pay.
Zonde dat er een hoop dode linken in deze werkelijk zeer interessante en informatieve website zitten.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Because of the sheer number of links on this website, it is impossible to monitor all of them. I will update this page next week when I return from a trip. But even a dead link can be useful. It serves to alert the visitor to the fact that there may be a useful source of information about a subject, in this case WWII photographs, on a website and he or she can investigate it further for the correct link. Often by trimming off the end of a link it is possible to go to the main page of a website and from there work out to the point on the website where the information is to be found.