- Aly, Götz, Hitler’s Beneficiaries: Plunder, Racial War, and the Nazi Welfare State, New York: Henry Holt & Co. (A Holt Paperback), 2005
- Bain, Roland J., Enter the Enemy, A French Family’s Life Under German Occupation, Bennington, VT: Merriam Press, 2014.
- Lemkin, Raphael, Axis Rule in Occupied Europe, New York: Howard Fertig, 1973.
- Liberman, Peter, Does Conquest Pay? The Expoitation of Occupied Industrial Societies, Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1996.
- Mazower, Mark, Hitler’s Empire, How the Nazis Ruled Europe, New York: Penguin Press, 2008.
- Nicholas, Lynn, The Rape of Europa, the Fate of Europe’s Treasures in the Third Reich and the Second World War, New York: Vintage Books, 1995. (See, in particular, chapter IV, “Ill-Treatment and Murder of the Civilian Population in Occupied Territory.”)
- Russell, Lord, The Scourge of the Swastika, A History of Nazi War Crimes during World War II, New York: Skyhorse Publishing Inc., 2008.