There are two Danish websites specifically dealing with airmen:
- Air War Over Denmark: http://www.flensted.eu.com/1944066.shtml.
- The other is Allied Airmen, 1939-1945 DK at http://www.airmen.dk/, including Fallen Allied Airmen, http://www.airmen.dk/fafsummary.htm. Be sure to visit http://www.airmen.dk/aboutairmendk.htm and Airmen 1946 at http://www.airmen.dk/airmeneen.htm with its list of 92 airmen who evaded to Sweden, http://www.airmen.dk/v999.htm, and 45 airmen who were transported to Great Britain by Danish fishing boats at http://www.airmen.dk/v997.htm. For a detailed escape story in English, that of Rowland Williams, RAF, go to http://www.airmen.dk/pdfs/v999022arte.pdf. (For more information, go to http://www.airmen.dk/v999002.htm.)
Other Danish websites concerning WWII include:
- A Force More Powerful: http://www.aforcemorepowerful.org/films/afmp/stories/denmark.php
- Danish Freedom Council (Wikipedia article): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Freedom_Council
- Danish Resistance and Rescue of Danish Jews During World War II (books on the subject) : http://www.jewishlibraries.org/main/portals/0/ajl_assets/documents/bib_bank/Danish_resistance.pdf
- Danish Resistance During the Holocaust: http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/revolt/danishresistance.html
- Danish Resistance (History Learning Site): http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/danish_resistance.htm
- Danish Resistance Movement (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_resistance_movement
- Denmark, Rescue of the Danish Jews: http://auschwitz.dk/denmark.htm
- Museum of Danish Resistance: http://natmus.dk/en/the-museum-of-danish-resistance/. Archives: http://natmus.dk/en/the-museum-of-danish-resistance/archives/. Battle over the future of the Resistance Museum: http://cphpost.dk/news/battle-over-future-of-the-resistance-museum.5407.html
- Rescue of the Jews of Denmark (U.S. Holocaust Museum): http://www.ushmm.org/information/exhibitions/online-features/special-focus/rescue-of-the-jews-of-denmark
- “Svanen – The Swan”: http://www.airmen.dk/p325svanen.htm. The escape of Lauren Davis and Glenn Standish by boat (“The Swan”) to Sweden. The first half is in Danish followed by English.
- The Halifax BB378 Story; The Danish Resistance Movement and helpers: http://halifaxbb378.dk/operations/denmark/the-danish-resistance-movement/
- “Together at Last,” about Donald Smith, the first Allied airman to escape from occupied Denmark: http://www.milhist.dk/besattelsen/together/together.html