A story in the July/August 2011 issue of World War II magazine reported that the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum now has an online exhibit, Remember Me, with 1100 photos of children displaced by WWII. The museum is trying to identify the children and find out what became of them. The exhibit is accessible at http://rememberme.ushmm.org/gallery.
Other sources include:
- Displaced Person Transports: Cargo of Hope: http://usmm.org/dp.html
- Evacuees in World War II – the True Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/britain_wwtwo/evacuees_01.shtml
- Jewish Displaced Persons: http://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/exhibitions/this_month/resources/displaced_persons.asp
- Operation Pied Piper: The Evacuation of English Children During World War II: http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/operation-pied-piper-the-evacuation-of-english-children-during-world-war-ii/
- ORT and the Displaced Persons Camps: http://dpcamps.ort.org/dp-camps/
- Student Returns Identity to British War Evacuees: http://news.westernu.ca/2015/01/student-returns-identity-to-british-war-evacuees/
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum -Displaced Persons: http://www.ushmm.org/research/library/bibliography/?lang=en&content=displaced_persons#intro.