After addressing a Dutch lady as “Mr.___,” and having it gently brought to my attention that her first name was that of a woman, it occurred to me that it would be useful to have some websites ready at hand to help avoid that error.
- Babynology: http://www.babynology.com/dutch_babynames.html
- Behind the Name, the Etymology and History of First Names: http://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/dutch
- Dutch Baby Names: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/dutch-names.html#continue
- Dutch/Frisian Names with English Translations: http://usgenweb.org/research/dutch-names.shtml
- Dutch Names – given names, surnames, history, tussenvoegsels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_name
- Dutch Names and Nicknames and Their English Equivalent: http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/names.shtml